We had the good fortune of connecting with Julian Estopier and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Julian, why did you decide to pursue a creative path?
The Reason for Starting my YouTube Channel came more out of necessity then anything else. I have been a huge sports and comics fan my entire life. So when I moved I didn’t really have anyone to talk about the things I loved. So I started this YouTube Channel and created a community that I can share my interests with. Now I get to talk about Sports and Comics daily With an Audience that’s genuinely interested in my opinion.
Alright, so let’s move onto what keeps you busy professionally?
Well, My YouTube Channel is what you would consider a niche channel. Its Mainly Focused on Sports Jerseys and Memorabilia. We review Almost anything that has to do with sports uniforms. Whether its making videos with helpful tips to spot fake jerseys so purchasers don’t get ripped off, to covering the latest release of a Uniform a team will be wearing to celebrate a championship or a special even for the weekend.
What I think I’m most proud of is that people genuinely seem to enjoy and appreciate the content that I put out. The Comments are full of thank you’s and encouraging words from community members that found a great deal or just had some questions that needed answers.
How did we get to where we are today? One word… Consistency. YouTube is not for the instant gratification crowd. Sure you can make a viral video and become famous over night but most of us the road is long and consistency is key. As long as you’re making videos there’s only one way your channel can go, up.
What I want people to take from my Brand is very face value. We are dedicated to created conversations about sports. So If you want a place where you can go and talk to other sports fans, come check us out and maybe you can learn something while you’re here.
Any places to eat or things to do that you can share with our readers? If they have a friend visiting town, what are some spots they could take them to?
Oh man, San Diego is a GOLD MINE for fun. If I had to put a List of things together for someone who was visiting it would probably be
1. The Most obvious is the Beach. You have to go and put your feet in the Cold Pacific ocean. There’s no other experience like it. Trust me, go build a core memory.
2. Go Grab a Burger at Hodad’s in Ocean Beach. The lines usually pretty long but the food and the atmosphere make Hodad’s my favorite burger joint in SD. You will be a Bottomings (toppings on the bottom) Convert for life.
3. A tip from the a kid that grew up in the SD punk scene, go see a Show at SOMA. its a small venue with a intimate stage, standing room only. Trust me its worth it.
4. GO SEE A PADRE GAME AT PETCO PARK! Doesn’t matter who you root for PetCo Park is the best ball park in the country and you will kick yourself if you’re a sports fan and don’t go check it out.
5. If you have kids with you the Zoo, and SeaWorld. You know what to expect parents.
Lastly if you want to go out and have some adult fun Old Town on the weekends will give you some Hispanic flair to your nightlife great food and even better margaritas or if you want to be fancy Go downtown the the Gaslamp quarter, just remember to bring some cash lol
Who else deserves some credit and recognition?
Honestly If there’s anyone that deserves some love for the success of my Channel its my Wife and Kids. The kids love to watch my videos and love telling their friends that Dad has a YouTube Channel My Wife is the one who encourages my weird collecting habits. From Sports to Comic books she’s always there to push over the edge when I don’t trust what Iv created and there to support me when I fell like what I’m doing is weird. So Should out to Samantha and the Boys for making me make stuff.