We had the good fortune of connecting with Stephanie Nivinskus and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Stephanie, what is the most important factor behind your success?
Tenacity. Not quitting when things get get tough. In April I lost 60% of my income because people were scared of the unknowns of the pandemic and they froze their spending. A lot of people said they slowed down during the first part of the pandemic. I did the exact opposite. I hustled hard. I developed new revenue streams and refused to quit. 2020 ended up being our biggest year ever.
Alright, so for those in our community who might not be familiar with your business, can you tell us more?
We’re different from all of the other marketing agencies for several reasons:
1. We are a certified women-owned and disability-owned company
2. I am Certified Partner with Digital Marketer and a Certified StoryBrand Guide.
3. 25 years of experience
4. I am the author of a #1 best-selling book in the U.S., Canada and Australia.
5. We’ve got tons and tons of raving reviews from clients in a wide spectrum of industries.
6. We have developed a process that makes it possible to write an entire website and/or develop a robust marketing plan in just one day. I’m really proud of #6 listed above. I don’t know of any other agency that offers this. The marketplace has really responded to it beautifully.
How did I get here? A lot of blood, sweat and tears! Definitely NOT easy! I started in corporate. I learned some great skills and had wonderful opportunities in those jobs. I went out on my own in 2000. Along the way, I’ve learned countless important lessons. My biggest takeaway is that you can never stop learning. The day you stop learning is the day your business starts to decline.
Let’s say your best friend was visiting the area and you wanted to show them the best time ever. Where would you take them? Give us a little itinerary – say it was a week long trip, where would you eat, drink, visit, hang out, etc.
I would take them to:
1. See the cave and the seals in La Jolla
2. Eat authentic Italian food in Little Italy
3. Eat Mexican food in Old Town
4. the zoo because it’s world famous
5. tour the Hotel Del and drink pina coladas on the beach deck
6. Collect sand dollars on the beach in San Diego
7. The Midway for a tour
8. Encinitas to watch the surfers
Who else deserves some credit and recognition?
My husband, Kevin and my kids Joshua, Josiah and Ella. They are always cheering me on.