We had the good fortune of connecting with Shyla Slavin and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Shyla, we’d love to hear more about how you thought about starting your own business?
V-Luxe is a very personal business for me. My journey with starting this business came from a personal issue that many women experience, but most of them do not feel comfortable talking about. I was diagnosed with recurring bacterial vaginosis a few years ago. This is a very stubborn infection that 30% of women deal with (about 21 million women in the USA alone every year!). While my doctors tried to do their best to help me find a solution, they have very limited options and I was left on my own to figure out how I can solve this.
Dealing with bacterial vaginosis is not easy, it could take a toll on one’s mental health in addition to the physical symptoms. I remember feeling so desperate to find a solution and I promised myself that if I found something that worked for me, I’d have to share it with other women who are struggling with the same issue.
After hundred of hours of reading studies and doing my own research about long-term solutions for bacterial vaginosis and, of course, trying different products and supplements that might help, I finally narrowed down the requirements that us women need to have for a chance at preventing bacterial vaginosis. I felt like the supplement market was truly missing a great probiotic for women who are struggling with bacterial vaginosis. That’s when V-Luxe was officially born!
We differentiate ourselves by offering women the following benefits:
1) High-potency probiotic formulas with 15 Billion CFU and 50 Billion CFU count.
2) We include prebiotic in our formula.
3) We only use good bacteria strains that have been clinically studied and proven to help women.
4) We use the strongest good bacteria strains that can survive extreme weather (for shipping and storage purposes) and stay alive through any pH environment (this is very important as weaker strains will simply die in our stomach acid and won’t provide the user with any benefits).
5) Lastly, as someone who tried countless products and spent a lot of money trying to cure my own bacterial vaginosis, it was very important for me to be able to offer a money-back-guarantee. V-Luxe is currently the only probiotic company that offers a true money-back-guarantee. We let our customers try the probiotics for 30 or 60 days (depending on the item they selected) and if they are not seeing the results they were hoping for, we will give them their money back.
While there are many challenges and doubts in starting a new business, I couldn’t be happier with where we’re at! V-Luxe is helping so many women and we’re getting reviews and messages everyday about how much their life have changed for the better. We look forward to reaching and helping even more women and have so many plans on how to expand our product line in the future.
Alright, so for those in our community who might not be familiar with your business, can you tell us more?
What sets V-Luxe apart from other businesses is our approach to be 100% honest and transparent with our customers. One of our missions is to educate women about their health so that they can then make decisions for themselves in terms of product/s and treatment/s they choose to use to treat and prevent bacterial vaginosis, yeast infections, and UTIs. Another mission that we have is to remove the taboo of talking about bacterial vaginosis and encourage our customers to talk with the women in their lives to get the mental support they may need to get through these recurring infections. Bacterial vaginosis can definitely cause depression and anxiety and we are trying to raise awareness and show that by being open about these issues we’ll all benefit more.
Any places to eat or things to do that you can share with our readers? If they have a friend visiting town, what are some spots they could take them to?
I love living in San Diego, I would definitely take a good friend to the following spots: 1) Sunset cliffs.
2) La Jolla shores – my favorite gelato place is Bobboi in downtown La Jolla.
3) The glider port.
4) The San Diego Zoo and Balboa park!
5) Kappa sushi is one of my favorite sushi spots in San Diego.
6) Coronado island.
Shoutout is all about shouting out others who you feel deserve additional recognition and exposure. Who would you like to shoutout?
I’d like to dedicate this shoutout to my husband – he has been extremely supportive during the process of building my business. I could not have asked for a better partner to share my life with!