We had the good fortune of connecting with Ronnie Shaw and we’ve shared our conversation below.
Hi Ronnie, is there something that you feel is most responsible for your success?
My father; he laid a strong foundation for my knowledge, ethics, skills, mindset and connections.
What should our readers know about your business?
Everybody has a purpose. VESSEL builds performance luxury bags that support athletes and professionals to fulfill their purpose. Crafted For The Driven – This defines every decision we make.
I am most proud of the team around me, amazing young professionals. Together we set out to create the best product possible. It has been an amazing journey, sure, there were some setbacks along the way, but embracing our failures and learning from them has been a huge component of our success.
Lessons I have learned along the way:
1. Don’t despise humble beginnings.
2. Never stop learning, there’s always a better way of doing things.
3. Dream big and don’t stay in your comfort zone.
I remember literally going up to every professional athlete that I could get access to (sometimes without permission) and asking them how I can make their bag better. Those interactions fueled our passion to create products that help people succeed. I love that I get to be a part of that.
Any places to eat or things to do that you can share with our readers? If they have a friend visiting town, what are some spots they could take them to?
1. Baseball Game at Petco Park 100%
2. Play Torrey Pines Golf Course and Twin Oak Golf Club (hidden gem in San Marcos)
3. Hike Torrey Pines Reserve
4. Tacos, tacos and more tacos.
5. Ice cream by Encinitas.
6. Hang gliding by Torrey Pines.
7. SD Zoo, Legoland and SeaWorld.
8. Din Tai Fung at Westfield UTC for dinner.
Who else deserves some credit and recognition?
My dad. He is my teacher, mentor, friend and hero. He has taught me what it means to work hard, to dream big, always pursue excellence and be a blessing to others along the way. He turned 71 today and I am still trying to chase after him.
But I got my good looks from my mom for sure.
Mike Smith, Greg Helton, Britny Hawkins, Marc Howard, Austin John